Nestled in the unspoilt countryside of Co Down just 2.4 miles from the historic town of Killyleagh with its Castle and access to Strangford Lough, this magnificent residence enjoys the peace and tranquillity of an area designated as being of outstanding natural beauty and yet is approximately only 20 minutes from Comber.
Designed and built to blend seamlessly with its surroundings, the property has been finished in natural stone with brick detailing carried through to the courtyard garaging and bespoke summer house ensuring a pleasing external elevation. Internally the beautifully proportioned accommodation is versatile in its layout offering spacious flowing rooms, yet is easily managed and benefits from a host of interesting extras and charming features.
An expanse of well maintained lawn directly in front of the house sweeps down to a man-made lake, which having been adopted by nature is now home to an abundance of wildlife including swans, ducks and fish etc. The eventual purchaser will no doubt derive endless pleasure from this unique and easily maintained ‘sanctuary’ from the pressures of modern life.
Set in approximately 2.5 acres and constructed to the highest standard by skilled craftsmen with high quality materials, this property could not today be built for its asking price. Its sale represents a rare opportunity to acquire one of Co Down’s most unique homes at an extremely competitive figure.
- Arched double doors to .....
- Enclosed Entrance Porch
- Mosaic tiled floor, vestibule doors with stained glass leaded light panels to ....
- Gracious Entrance Hall
- Under stairs storage and double doors to .....
- Formal Drawing Room
- 7.52m x 4.78m (24'8 x 15'8)
Panelled chimney breast and fire surround with cast iron inset, polished granite hearth, solid wood strip flooring, cornice, French doors to patio and garden.
- Hand Crafted Country Style Kitchen
- 4.65m x 4.29m (15'3 x 14'1)
Comprehensive range of cream hand painted effect units with polished granite work tops, undermounted 'Belfast sink', mixer taps, Rangemaster in feature rustic brick Inglenook with beamed mantle, integrated fridge and dishwasher, built-in breakfast nook, island unit with granite work tops, prep area, partly tiled walls, quarry tiled floor, open plan to .....
- Snug and Spacious Dining Area
- 7.54m x 3.35m (24' 9 x 11' 0)
Double height ceiling and 'minstral gallery' rustic brick fireplace and chimney breast with cast iron stove, quarry tiled floor (overall measurement at widest points 25'2 x 24'9
- Family Room
- 5.23m x 4.09m (17'2 x 13'5)
Rustic brick chimney reast with cast iron stove (dual fronted and shared with snug), wood mantle.
- Utility Room
- Range of high and low level units, laminate work surfaces, inset single drainer stainless steel sink unit, mixer taps, partly tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, plumbed for washing machine.
- Sun Room
- 3.99m x 2.36m (13'1 x 7'9)
Quarry tiled floor, access to patio and garden.
- Master Bedroom Suite
- 5.54m x 4.78m (18'2 x 15'8)
French doors to walled private patio walk-in robe/dressing area and shower room ensuite comprising corner shower cubicle, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush wc, ceramic tiled floor, wall tiling, extractor fan.
- Spacious Landing
- Guest Bedroom 2
- 6.48m x 4.8m (21' 3 x 15'9)
Range of built-in robes with drawers, cupboards and vanity area. Shower Room Ensuite comprising tiled shower cubicle, pedestal wash hand basin, mixer taps, low flush wc, extractor fan, partly tiled walls.
- Bedroom 3
- 6.48m x 5.92m (21'3 x 19'5)
This room would lend itself to sub-division.
- 3.96m x 3.66m (13'0 x 12'0)
Laminate wood strip flooring, Whilst this room has no natural light, windows could be fited to create a potential 4th bedroom (subject to approvals).
- Delightful, well stocked professionally landscaped gardens in lawns with store and pavior patio areas and pathways. Feature footbridge over water feature to private lower garden area - ideal for entertaining with magnificent stone built summer house and pavior barbeque area.
Electrically operated gated to natural stone walled courtyard. Triple garage with remote electrically operated roller doors and workshop/store with light and power.
Boilerhouse with oil fired boiler, concealed bin store. Outside lighting and water tap.
- Garage 1
- 4.95m x 3.51m (16'3 x 11'6)
- Garage 2
- 4.95m x 3.05m (16'3 x 10'0)
- Garage 3 / Workshop 'L shaped'
- 8.84m x 8.28m (29'0 x 27'2)