The Retreat, 13A Blackabbey Road
, BT22 2RH
||The Retreat, 13A Blackabbey Road, Greyabbey
- Superb Country Home extending to c. 2500 sqft in a Delightful Rural Environment
- Adaptable Accommodation Currently Utilised as Four Bedrooms and Three Reception Rooms
- Bedroom and Bathroom accommodation on both ground and first floors
- Kitchen with Dining Space and Separate Utility Room
- Extensive Double Garage Currently Converted to Games Room/Storage with Potential for a Variety of Uses
- Spacious Master Bedroom with Ensuite Facilities
- Two Further Bathrooms. One on Ground Floor, One on First Floor
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Double Glazed Windows
- Freehold site c.0.6 acre in mature lawns, trees and hedgerows
- Currently Operating as a Northern Ireland Tourist Board Approved Bed and Breakfast. This could be retained by the purchasers by arrangement
Situated approximatley two miles from the historic village of Greyabbey this is a fine country home on a freehold site circa. 0.6 acres. The property enjoys delightful rural aspects over open countryside and is a short drive from the many delights of Strangford Lough.
Internally the property boasts highly adaptable accomodation with bedroom and bathroom facilities on both ground and first floors and could suit those with an elderly relative "living in". The extensive garage has been adapted to offer a multi-purpose space suitable as a gym, home office or as a large playroom for those with young children.
Externally the extensive level gardens are bordered by mature trees and hedges and afford enormous scope for the keen gardener while providing a safe environment for pets.
Altogether an exciting opportunity to choose a "get away from it all" lifestyle with the benefit of having glorious countryside all around and comfortable striking distance of Newtownards (10 miles), Bangor (12 miles) and Belfast (20 miles)
- GROUND FLOOR
- Hard wood entrance door. Hard wood flooring. Double hard wood doors to ....
- Reception Hall
- 3.4m x 4.19m (11' 2" x 13' 9")
Brick fireplace with feature cast iron multi fuel stove. Bruce baltic pine flooring. Beam ceiling. Storage under stairs. Beam mantel. Double doors to ....
- 4.09m x 7.24m (13' 5" x 23' 9")
Feature Portuguese Limestone fireplace with inset gas fire. Cornice ceiling. Hard wood double glazed french doors to outside.
- Inner Hall
- Hot press. Baltic pine flooring.
- Dining Room
- 3.4m x 3.99m (11' 2" x 13' 1")
Ceramic tiled floor.
- 4.22m x 6.76m (13' 10" at widest po x 22' 2")
(13`10" reducing to 8`11") Inset Franke ceramic sink unit. Mixer taps. Range of fitted high and low level units. Laminate work surfaces. Rangemaster range cooker with ovens, six gas hobs, warming drawer etc. Plumbed for dishwasher. Ceramic wall and floor tiling. Dining area. Double glazed doors to garden.
- Utility Room
- 2.26m x 3.38m (7' 5" x 11' 1")
Single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps. Range of fitted units. Laminate work surfaces. Plumbed for washing machine. Ceramic tiled floor and wall tiling. Broom cupboard. Cloakroom with low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Ceramic tiled floor. Part wall tiling.
- Rear Porch
- Ceramic tiled floor. Access to ....
- Double Garage
- 5.66m x 6.32m (18' 7" x 20' 9")
Currently converted to playroom/games room (could be reconverted to garage if required)
- Bedroom 4
- 3.81m x 3.99m (12' 6" x 13' 1")
- Shower room
- Corner shower enclosure with redring electric shower unit. Contemporary low flush WC. Wall hung basin. Fully tiled walls. Ceramic tiled floor. Chrome towel radiator. Recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Stairs to spacious landing. Could be used as study area with delightful rural aspect over open fields.
- Bedroom 2
- 4.17m x 6.38m (13'8" x 20'11")
(13`8" reducing to 9`2") Access to eave storage areas. Recess low voltage spotlighting. Built in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3
- 2.36m x 4.11m (7' 9" x 13' 6")
Rural aspect with views over open countryside towards Dunleith Estate.
- Master Bedroom
- 4.65m x 4.9m (15' 3" max x 16' 1")
Delightful rural aspects. Access to eaves storage. Large walk in wardrobe/storage. Ensuite shower room. Corner shower enclosure. Electric shower unit. Vanity unit with counter top basin and storage under. Low flush WC. Velux window.
- White suite. Double ended bath. Mixer taps. Telephone hand shower. Mira electric shower unit. Pedestal wash hand basin. Low flush WC. Walls fully tiled around shower otherwise half tiled. Ladder style towel radiator. Laminate floor.
- Covered patio with a Heather Brown tiled floor. Pine ceiling. Outside lighting. Outside water tap. Detached workshop/store. Roller door. Light and power.
Leaving Greyabbey take signs for Ballywalter via Church Street and Ballywalter Road, Blackabbey is second road on the right hand side after c. 1 mile. Property is located c. 1 mile along Blackabbey Road.
Need some more information?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.